You will have a key role in our client's ongoing effort to continuously improve the protection of both corporate information and customer data. Systems will be mainly Linux-based (CentOS), and strong Linux experience is required.
The role has a travel component of up to 5% and may include international travel.
Commensurate with skills and experience.
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is ranked as a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press and a Cool Place to Work by Crain's Detroit Business. If you are looking for the closest thing to a Silicon Valley culture outside of Silicon Valley, this is the company for you! You will work with a high-performing team in a culture that values cross-training and promotion from within.
BS/BA in an IT related discipline
- Experience with Red Hat Linux Enterprise is a must
- 3+ years VMware, Linux Server Administration experience, including diagnosis of performance issues, package management, load estimation, kernel tuning, networking configuration, etc.
- 3+ years network administration experience, including load balancers, proxy servers, firewalls, and VPNs
- Knowledge of Web-server configuration and installation (e.g. NGINX, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Java-based tools, Apache Ant, etc.)
- Hands on experience implementing and maintaining security systems, such as intrusion detection systems, log management, SIEM, Tenable SecurityCenter CV, network security monitoring systems, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools such as Chef and Jenkins
- Experience with complex cloud applications, services and environments
- Security-related certifications such as one of the SANS GIAC certifications, CISSP, CEH would be helpful
- Experience with installing, maintaining, and configuring open source tools, particularly tools such as auditd, rsyslog, Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), SNORT, Pulled Pork, OSSEC, Security Onion, OSSIM, SIEMonster, Spacewalk, etc.
- Experience with Windows Server Administration
- KVM / OpenStack
- Knowledge of Agile or working with Agile
- Plan, analyze, design, and implement global security systems including logging systems, intrusion detection and prevention, network security monitoring, SIEM, patching systems, etc.
- Initiate upgrades to security systems as necessitated by technology availability and maturity, security gaps, emerging threats, business risk and needs, and cost effectiveness.
- Automate auditing tasks to reduce workload on System Ops staff.
- Serve as a primary security / technical lead for projects during the planning, analysis, and design phases of projects. Provide IT security technology and process guidance for the business.