Our client develops a wide variety of semi-autonomous robots, primarily on contract for the U.S. Department of Defense. You will be developing robotics software in C++, so experience with technologies such as LIDAR, GPS and IMU will be highly desirable.
Ann Arbor, MI area
Commensurate with experience.
This is a direct-hire role.
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics or similar discipline
- Previous experience working with robotics (academic projects or internships may be acceptable in some cases)
- C++ development experience in a Linux environment
- A strong desire to learn the technologies used in the robotics industry
- Because our client works for the U.S. Department of Defense, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience with LIDAR, IMU and GPS
WOULD BE BENEFICIAL
- Developing 2D/3D graphics
- Network programming
- Embedded hardware
- The technical approaches you will take involve vehicular kinematics, sensor fusion, motion planning, and state estimation.
- The hardware systems you will use are ground vehicles, LIDAR, radar, sonar, GPS, IMU, electric motors, wireless networks and more.