You will join a high-performance team of developers who are constantly learning and pushing their understanding of the technology, techniques, and best practices of software development. You will build and tune high performance systems that support thousands of concurrent users and millions of transactions per week. This is a great career advancement opportunity!
Livonia, MI or downtown Ann Arbor (developer's choice).
Developers who prefer to work in the Ann Arbor office will need to complete an initial 6-8 week training process in the Livonia office. Developers who subsequently work in the Ann Arbor office will also need to travel to Livonia occasionally (a 30 minute drive) for meetings.
Working offsite a day or two a week is a possibility for candidates with a sizable commute.
Commensurate with skills and experience.
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer.
- Strong computer science fundamentals including object -oriented design, advanced data structures, algorithms, and multi-threading
- Minimum 2 years' hands-on experience with full-stack Java Web development
- Our client has recently hired a number of senior level software engineers and is now working to add mid-level engineers to the team
BENEFICIAL BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience with Spring Framework, Hibernate, and ZooKeeper
- Experience troubleshooting performance related issues on medium to large scale projects
- Knowledge of Tomcat or other application servers
- Experience with mobile development for iOS, Android, and/or HTML5
- Knowledge of SQL, application servers, and servlets
- Experience with ExtJS, GWT, or other UI frameworks
- Experience in both Linux and Windows environments deploying Java systems
- Experience working with SaaS systems
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is ranked as a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press and a Cool Place to Work by Crain's Detroit Business. If you are looking for the closest thing to a Silicon Valley culture outside of Silicon Valley, this is the company for you! You will work with a high-performing team in a culture that values cross-training and promotion from within.