The ideal candidate will have experience with networking, server administration, and WAN communication technologies primarily on the Windows platform. This role supports our client's enterprise applications (as opposed to its product development team). The candidate will participate in the design and administration of all IT network devices including routers, firewalls, switches, servers, security, VPN and WAN infrastructure.
Ann Arbor, MI
$75-$85K commensurate with experience
Associate's degree in Engineering or Computer Technology, equivalent work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the following technology architectures: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and Load Balancing, and IPSEC VPN
- Strong Windows system administration fundamentals including experience with Microsoft Exchange server and Active Directory
- Knowledge of networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc
- Strong scripting capabilities so that you can create and/or modify shell scripts to provide automation, diagnostics or logging
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to work some off-peak (night/weekend) shifts
- Operating system setup and configuration. Application platform setup and configuration.
- Application testing and identification of bottle necks. Server/Application monitoring.
- Upgrades of OS, Application Servers, and Libraries
- Security and disaster recovery preparedness
- Network design
- Network performance and redundancy
- Detailed understanding of load balancing
- Create or update high level network diagrams including circuits, physical maps and logical topology