You will join a high-performance team of developers who are constantly learning and pushing their understanding of the technology, techniques, and best practices of software development. You will build and tune high performance systems that support thousands of concurrent users and millions of transactions per week.
Livonia, MI or downtown Ann Arbor (developer's choice).
Ann Arbor developers will need to come to Livonia occasionally for meetings.
Working offsite a day or two a week is a possibility for candidates with a sizable commute.
Commensurate with skills and experience.
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer.
- Strong computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, advanced data structures, algorithms, and multi-threading
- Minimum 5 years' hands-on experience with full-stack Web development
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Java
- Experience developing large-scale applications
BENEFICIAL BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience designing systems with large data throughput and capacity needs
- Experience troubleshooting performance related issues on medium to large scale projects
- Knowledge of Tomcat or other application servers
- Experience with Spring Framework, Hibernate, and ZooKeeper
- Experience with mobile development for iOS, Android, and/or HTML5
- Knowledge of SQL, application servers, and servlets
- Experience with ExtJS, GWT, or other UI frameworks
- Experience in both Linux and Windows environments deploying Java systems
- Experience working with SaaS systems
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is ranked as a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press and a Cool Place to Work by Crain's Detroit Business. If you are looking for the closest thing to a Silicon Valley culture outside of Silicon Valley, this is the company for you! You will work with a high-performing team in a culture that values cross-training and promotion from within.