Our client's primary developer will be transitioning to a new role in the next 1-2 years, so you will be designated as the lead developer in training. Work has been done exclusively by this resource in the past. A junior developer has joined the team to focus on the front end. This role will be the next hire, and will be the lead developer with a focus on the back end. In time, a business analyst will be added to the team.
New back end development will be on a modern .NET platform providing data collection, services, event logging, etc. Front end access will be browser based, with the intention being to move to a modern HTML5 technology. The legacy system which you will support was authored in SQL Server, VB6 and Crystal Reports. Your expertise in VB6 and Crystal Reports are not a requirement, but your willingness to bug fix in this code base is.
You will work out of the Holt, MI office minimally 3 days per week, with the remaining two days per week worked out of either the Holt, MI office or any of their other locations, which include Sterling Heights, Brownstown and Rochester Hills.
Up to $120K, commensurate with experience.
Our client provides an extremely generous benefit package including unusually strong health, vision and dental coverage with low costs to its employees.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree.
Please note that as part of the interview process you will be required to complete a series of Kenexa Prove It! assessments in lieu of spending time on site doing white boarding, pair programming or another form of technical qualification
- Strong C# or VB.NET
- Strong .NET framework fundamentals
- Strong SQL Server
- Experience with network protocols, monitoring events, data logging and other server side functions
- Able to work independently and in a technical leadership role with little or no guidance.
- Willing to make frequent drives to our client's various locations (day trips).
- In the 2019-2020 timeframe our client plans to roll out the new application to all of its locations. This will require that you spend several months working on site in Chicago and Louisville in sprints where you will be away during the week and home on the weekends for 2-3 weeks at a time.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with front end Web development
- Experience with iOS development