Our client is undertaking a large-scale re-architecture effort to adopt modern microservice and UI technologies for their Web platform products. The ideal candidate will have prior experience leading an effort to transition away from a large SQL-based data model to a Cloud-based NoSQL/MongoDB solution.
Ann Arbor, MI
This role is not available as a remote/telecommute opportunity.
Up to $80/hour, commensurate with experience. This is a 6-month contract-to-hire.
During the contract, you will be an employee of Stout Systems and eligible for health, dental, vision, and long term disability benefits.
- Strong experience with both relational and non-relational database architectures for SaaS/Web-based products
- Experience with AWS or Azure Cloud services
- Strong production system experience with NoSQL in general and MongoDB in particular
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and the complexity of operating within such an environment
- Basic knowledge of REST and Web principles
- Skilled with data modeling at both the logical and physical levels
- You will be researching and recommending which DB technology is the best one for the problem at hand. Once done, you will need to come up with the ongoing performance, load, and stress testing plans, develop and maintain the schema for the databases, research and recommend how to take the technology into production. In short, you will take ownership of your recommendation and work with the development operations group to get it out to production.
- Experience with other NoSQL technologies such as Elastic, Cassandra or Hadoop
- Experience with data warehousing systems and principles
- Experience with big data
- Our client is a leader in its market, with both desktop and Web based offerings
- Key to the future of our client is moving away from its current architectures and mindsets and into a Cloud-based SaaS model
- In this role, you will be the expert for multiple database architectures within a microservice environment. You will interact with the DevOps team, the platform architect, developers and business analysts to determine and document database requirements. You will develop and maintain physical data models designed to take advantage of the target database management system.
- Our client has great offices, an informal work environment, a flexible schedule, and very smart software developers and engineers