Our client develops software tools and products that are installed by end customers or accessed via AWS-based cloud services. As a Product Manager, you will be charged with understanding end customers' development processes and helping to ensure that products integrate nicely into development tools such as Jira and Selenium or work well as browser extensions. You will evaluate customer requests and market forces and make decisions about feature prioritization and release contents.
Ann Arbor, MI
Our client offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) plan participation
- This is a highly technical Product Manager role, so the ideal candidate will have working knowledge of modern Web and native mobile app development technologies and tools
- Experience in a product management role (with or without the title) in which you were the key decision maker about release content and shippable product
- Experience with software product development or SaaS development is required. Understanding the unique requirements associated with supporting numerous production versions and releases is essential.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent conversational and presentation skills and strong written communication skills
- Ability to travel throughout the US, to Canada, and internationally
- Experience working with the IT organizations in Fortune 500 companies and government institutions
- Accessibility knowledge
- Startup product company experience with a role in defining MVPs and making decisions to pivot
- Our client is looking for candidates who are passionate about translating vision into results, and about identifying customer needs and crafting innovative, viable and marketable products to address those needs.
- One of your primary responsibilities will be creating detailed product requirements from end-goals based on client needs and innovative thinking while maintaining a balance between visionary product goals and resource availability.
- You will establish and maintain effective ways to track input from customers, technical support, sales, and other colleagues and to work with your team to distill this information into a series of strategically prioritized releases.
- You will keep abreast of direct and indirect competitors and help to maintain a clear competitive advantage.
- You will also be responsible for communicating and demonstrating the functions and benefits of your product to highly qualified prospects and customers. You will also work closely with sales, support and marketing to ensure the product and subsequent releases are well understood and represented by the company as a whole.
- This role will have responsibility for both inbound (product development) and outbound (product marketing) functions.