This position is based in Ypsilanti, Michigan, but will require travel to client sites. Travel will be full time for up to the 1st year, consisting of 4 days/week at client site in Chicago and 1 day/week in the Ypsilanti office. This role is envisioned as a contract-to-hire, in which this 6 month assignment will serve as a trial period to ensure mutual fit with the hope of extending this to a permanent position.
Up to $33/hr (commensurate with skills and experience) plus reimbursement for travel expenses
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Engineering discipline
- This role is targeting an individual with 1-3 years' professional experience
- Knowledgeable as a C++ or Java programmer
- You must have a strong foundation in database concepts and experience with SQL Server or Oracle or MySQL
- Experience developing in a Linux or UNIX environment
- Experience with a version control tool such as GitLab, CVS or SVN
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially when it comes to dealing directly with clients and end customers regarding technology problems and recommending solutions
- Experience with Django
- Scripting experience is highly desirable
- Testing and debugging experience is desirable
- Participate in the requirement analysis, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support of internal and client applications and interfaces.
- Participate in the analysis, design and product certification.
- This individual may gather information and write functional specifications.