Our client is a major supplier of weather information and remote sensing intelligence with customers including commercial and governmental organizations in defense, agriculture and energy. They are looking to add an experienced engineer to their team who will provide system engineering leadership for projects using FPGA hardware and embedded software.
Ann Arbor, MI area
For the right candidates, relocation assistance is available.
Commensurate with skills and experience
Our client offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Experience and expertise architecting and developing embedded systems that use FPGAs.
- Strong ability in all aspects of FPGA hardware/software development and programming, including orchestration with a real-time host-processor.
- Expert analytical skills and ability to create robust FPGA hardware and software for novel signal processing applications.
- Ability to code algorithms developed on paper and in Matlab, Python, and C++.
- Excellent communications and writing skills.
- Ability to inspire customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Because our client is a U.S. Department of Defense contractor, you must be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible to receive an active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Familiarity with GPU programming
- Familiarity with signal processing associated with radio-frequency (RF), synthetic-aperture-radar, and electro-optics
- Responsible for all aspects of FPGA hardware/software development and programming, including orchestration with a real-time host-processor.
- Architect systems that use embedded real-time software involving FPGAs
- Lead hardware/software development team.
- Guide integration and test activities, verification and validation of functional and performance requirements.
- Provide excellent leadership communications with customer, partners, and team.
- Support business development efforts.