In this role, you will spend approximately 50% of your time working on hardware engineering tasks. You will spend the other 50% of your time working on complex printed circuit board layouts, both for your own hardware designs and for your colleagues' hardware designs.
Ann Arbor, MI
$70-80K (potentially higher for an exceptional fit candidate)
- Proficient with Altium development tools for both schematic capture and PC board layout...
- ...experience with a comparable design tool and a willingness to learn and work with Altium
- Must have experience with multi-layer boards (four or more layers) including layout complexities such as RF, low EMI layout practices, switching power supplies, and such
- Experience with ground planes or controlled impedance traces
- Good hardware engineering skills including ARM processors, I/O, CAN bus, serial bus, Ethernet.
- Experience with automotive design requirements
- Best in class knowledge of hardware design and components including MPUs, UART, CAN, LIN, A/D and D/A converters, RAM/Flash memories, and other digital electronics
- Good working knowledge of industry standard development processes including IPC-A-600
- Understanding of test methodologies, and testing circuit designs and software releases