The ideal candidates will have at least three years of software project management experience, demonstrated leadership skills and strong technical knowledge so that they can manage technical scope.
Farmington Hills, MI
There is a possibility of a small amount of travel annually.
$105K to $135K depending upon how closely your skills and experience align with the positional requirements
Our client offers a very generous benefits package and an attractive work environment.
- At least 3 years of embedded software project management experience
- Track record of technical leadership
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and project management processes
- Experience with Agile software development methods is required
- Outgoing personality and team player
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience working in a global framework
- BS/MS degree in CE/CS/EE
- Strong knowledge in C and/or C++ for development of real-time or embedded applications
- Experience with automotive technologies strongly preferred
- Able to occasionally perform software engineering development tasks
- Able to apply understanding of software requirements and software architectures
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role will be responsible for managing a large number of resources (running global projects ranging from 10 to over 100 people) and also for setting project budgets and managing costs against that budget.
- Manage software projects in the area of in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor tasks
- Document and summarize project progress
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding project status
- Successfully coordinate various teams distributed across different time zones
- Lead and direct the work of others
- Support recruiting activities to grow the project team as required
- Support monthly book closing activities related to the project